1871 20,000 Communards murdered by the French Army
1918 100,000 Finnish workers killed by White Guards
1919-1920 thounands of American communists and other leftists attacked during Palmer Raids.
1926 Communist Party of Italy forced underground by Benito Mussolini many of it's members jailed and later executed.
1930s Adolf Hitler jails and later execute members of the Communist Party of Germany
at the same time
1941-1945 millions of soviet citizens murdered by German forces
1948-1960 thounands of Communists murdered during the Malayan Emergency
1961–1974 Portuguese Colonial War
1987, murder of Thomas Sankara and destruction of his government
And the List goes on.
The mutilation and rape of Germany.
The Soviet rape and massacres across the Manchuria including Koreans, Chinese, and Japanese.
The North Vietnamese Vietcong killing over 1/3 of their own population.
Mao with a death count of over 60 million.
Stalin's 20 million count.
Katyn Forrest massacre.
Nuff said! ~ C
Not dead, not red, but dead reds!
Blood hypocritical, if one asks me.
And that you'd be be perfectly okay if someone came to your house right now, kicked down your door, murdered your entire family, confiscated your belongings and shipped you to a slave labor camp in Siberia to live out the rest of your meaningless life, just as long as they came up with some weak excuse about how it was all for the benefit of the same "workers" they're murdering by the millions?
Maybe you should actually read a history book before you start harranguing everyone else about how "sad" it is that they oppose mass genocide and totalitarianism. Take everything you just said, and replace "Communists" with "Nazis". Now realize the people and ideology you're fawning over (the specific term for people like you is "Useful Idiot") killed over four times as many people as the Nazis did, and existed for nearly five times longer. Then you may have an inkling as to how uninformed and downright twisted you sound here.
It becomes even sadder when all of this hatred is directed not at a group, but at a very ideaology, one that at it's heart had good intentions. Yes, the road to hell is paved with Good intentions, but does that make those intentions and less "good" in nature? I do not believe so.
In other words, I think it's sad these specific groups with good intentions are forever the "enemies of humanity" when other equally bad groups with supposedly good intentions are still held as perfectly decent groups because their good intentions are backed by a supposedly all-powerfull being who is capable of no wrong and supposedly by their own book does not agree with them.
It's also sad people are so quick to be so irrationally hateful at the slightest sign that someone does not share their hatred for these groups, rather there is any truth to that accusation or not. "fawning over"? Please tell me how I was fawning over anything.
- 65 million in the People's Republic of China
- 20 million in the Soviet Union
- 2 million in Cambodia
- 2 million in North Korea
- 1.7 million in Africa
- 1.5 million in Afghanistan
- 1 million in the Communist states of Eastern Europe
- 1 million in Vietnam
- 150,000 in Latin America (mainly Cuba)
- 10,000 deaths "resulting from actions of the international Communist movement and Communist parties not in power."
- Extermination of indigenous Americans 1492-1890: 100 million
- Atlantic slave trade of Africans 1500-1870: 15 million
- French attempted repression of Haiti slave revolt 1791-1803: 150,000
- French conquest of Algeria 1830-47: 300,000
- The Opium Wars in China 1839-42 & 1856-60: 50,000
- Irish potato famine 1845-49: 1 million
- British suppression of the Indian Mutiny 1857-58: 100,000
- Massacre of the Paris Commune 1871: 20,000
- Famine under British colonialism in India 1876-79 & 1897-1902: 29 million
- Military and police repression of labor strikes in the United States 1877-1938: 700
- Blacks lynched in the United States 1882-1964: 3,445
- Belgian exploitation of the Congo 1885-1908: 10 million
- United States conquest of the Philippines 1898-1913: 250,000
- British concentration camps in South Africa 1899-1902: 28,000
- French exploitation of Equatorial African rainforest 1900-40: 800,000
- German extermination of the Herero and Namaqua 1904-07: 65,000
- The First World War 1914-18: 10 million
- White Army pogroms against Jews 1917-20: 100,000
- Italian fascist conquests in Africa 1922-43: 600,000
- Japanese imperialism in East Asia 1931-45: 10 million
- Fascist terror in Spain 1936-39: 200,000
- Nazi terror/concentration & extermination camps 1939-45: 25 million
- Allied bombing of German and Japanese civilians 1942-45: 1 million(inc. over 200,000 Japanese in atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki)
- Kuomintang massacre in Taiwan 1947: 30,000
- French repression of anti-colonial revolt in Madagascar 1947: 80,000
- Israeli colonization of Palestine 1948-present: 30,000
- British repression of the Mau-Mau revolt 1952-60: 50,000
- Algerian war of independence 1954-62: 1 million
- Military juntas in Guatemala 1954-96: 200,000
- Papa and Baby Doc Duvalier regime in Haiti 1957-86: 50,000
- Vietnam War 1963-75: 3.4 million
- Massacre of communists in Indonesia 1965-66: 1 million
- Tlatelolco massacre in Mexico City 1968: 400
- US bombing of Laos and Cambodia 1969-75: 700,000
- Nicaragua civil war(s) 1972-90: 80,000
- Pinochet dictatorship in Chile 1973-90: 3,197
- Angola civil war 1974-92: 500,000
- East Timor massacres 1975-98: 200,000
- Mozambique civil war 1975-90: 1 million
- Argentina "Dirty War" 1976-82: 30,000
- El Salvador military dictatorship 1977-92: 70,000
- Kwanju massacre 1980: 1,000
- Bophal Union Carbide disaster 1984: 16,000
- US invasion of Panama 1989: 3,000
- UN embargo against Iraq 1991-2003: 1 million(inc. 500,000 children under the age of 12)
- Destruction of Yugoslavia 1992-95: 200,000
- Capitalist coup de tat in Russia 1993: 2,000
- Rwandan genocide 1994: 800,000
- Congolese civil war 1997-present: 6 million
- Indian farmer suicides 1997-present: 199, 132
- NATO occupation of Afghanistan 2001-present: 30,000
- US invasion and occupation of Iraq 2003-present: 1.2 million
- Total: 221, 641, 874 and counting.
Clearly one of these is worse than the other. And dont pull that deaths caused by communist countries are attributable to communism, but deaths caused by capitalist countries aren't attributable to capitalism for some reason bullshit.
Vietnam was fighting a civil war with its opponents funded by the worlds wealthiest superpower, things become necessary. Disagree? Well you shouldn't, the revolutionary founding fathers of America went to the same measures against the British, for instance you've heard of tarring of course. The rest of this is just bullshit unless you cite unbiased research articles, not the corporate controlled media or anybody can fuck me up Wikipedia, but legitimate university research with mountains of direct evidence. I mean I'll give you some sizable death tolls maybe 100,000,000 in some of these states you mention like Afghanistan and Cambodia, that's just natural when your trying to FUCKING EMANCIPATE THE ENTIRE PLANET FROM A MERCILESS ENEMY WHO SURVIVES ON THE EXPLOITATION OF ITS POPULOUS. In conclusion stop listening to Cold War propaganda from biased sources and only trust historical studies that you have personally read to be the truth.
Also, Excerpt from an argument I once had that serves much purpose here.
"You demand that I prove these statistics but you dont prove any of your statistics you just vomit them out like you're some sort of entitled statistics god. I've actually investigated some capitalist accusations and found little foundations in reality. For instance capitalists love to cite that the death tolls of the holodomor as around 7mil. This statistic actually has its origins in Nazi propagandists for the purpose of making Hitler look better than Stalin under the premise of that Hitler killed 6mil in 4yrs Stalin killed 7mil in 1yr, Hitler is therefore better than Stalin. Now if the questionable origins of this statistic aren't enough an historical analysis of Ukrainian population growth can provide clear evidence against it. In 1926 the population of ethnic Ukrainians was 23,218,860 and then 13yrs later the population was 23,667,509. Now looking at this it becomes evident that the Holodomor did indeed happen to some magnitude else the ethnic Ukrainian annual growth rate was 34,511people/year. But when we account for this statistic of Holodomor 32-33 death tolls then the population of that year would be around 16,158,860 with full recovery to Pre-famine levels by 1939. Implying an annual growth rate of 1.25mil/year, you may look at this and say,"That sounds reasonable." but when you compare this with Ukrainian growth rates during the later half of the century you observe that during the 60's the decade growth rate was 3.84mil/decade with an average annual growth rate of .384mil/year, that during the 70's the decade growth rate was 2.88mil/decade with an average annual growth rate of .288mi/year, and during the 80's the decade growth rate was 1.92mil/year with an average annual growth rate of .192mil/year. These are far smaller growth rates at a much later period than the 30's annual growth rate of 1.25mil/year. What this indicates is that either this statistic for Holodomor death tolls is completely inaccurate for it would imply a Pre-industrial growth rate far exceeding that of several Post-industrial growth rates, which is absolutely ludicrous. Or it indicates that Stalinist policies of collectivizing agriculture are 5 times more beneficial than any capitalist agricultural policy. Leaving you to choose between the lesser of two "evils" on what the actual truth is, either your a liar or you believe in idiotic policies."
A socioeconomic system structured upon common ownership of the means of production and characterized by the absence of social classes, money, and the state; as well as a social, political and economic ideology and movement that aims to establish this social order.
A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent state capitalist socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
Cry me a river, you hypocrites.
100+ years of history and Marx's own totalitarian dogma say otherwise.
It's amazing, the number of people who blindly support Communism withotu actually knowing the first thing about it.
Should we condemn colonianism and communism toghether for their atrocities?
We do know socialism or countries with socialism works somewhat like here in the nordic countries. I live in sweden so it works kinda great. if we would take care of even those homeless that they always had protection or somewere to go(like more shelters for example) so the homelessness rate would be 0.001% at most of a population.